Stephanie




This week's fitness profile features former Miss Sri Lanka Stephanie Siriwardena


How and when did you adopt training and a healthy lifestyle? 
I always did kick boxing and dancing back in Canada and that’s intense training, two hours a day. Like about a month before winning the title I hit the gym.

How do you stay motivated?
It’s really important to have a goal. A goal in terms of how you want to look, feel and how healthy you want to be. Fitness is about beinghealthy.


What types of cardio have worked best for you?
Dancing – it’s really good for your heart and works every single muscle in your body. Cross trainers are really great too. They give you a complete, full workout.
How do you deal with cravings for junk food, sweet and salty foods?
When you crave it’s always good to give in just a little bit and maybe take a bite or two. Because when you keep denying yourself of what you crave for, the craving builds up and you finally crash, eating more of it than you should. So unless you’re on a short term, urgent goal, it’s always good to give in a little. Like it’s better if a have a portion of pizza, if I am craving for it, then to suppress it for a long time then go and eat a whole pizza by myself!
Top 3 favourite exercises?
-Dancing
-Squats
-Plank
 Do you like to listen to music whilst you train/exercise?
I need to listen to music! Preferably Latin. A good fast salsa can go great with cross training, you need that beat.
What is your goal currently?
Right now, I am happy the way I am. In fact, I don’t like being overly skinny. I like curves.

Who are your favourite fitness models/athletes? 
I love Beyonce, like I said, she’s a curvaceous beauty. And I also love Nicole Scherzinger from PCD. She has the same quality.
What are you favourite healthy foods?
I love fruits. Avocado boosts your metabolism when you eat it in the morning. Pineapple after meals helps burn fats. Green tea is also a favourite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment