No time for marriage: Jackie


After the success of 'Housefull 2', Sri Lankan beauty Jacqueline Fernandez is on a new high. With success finally coming her way, Jacqueline, who was recently in Ahmedabad to promote her upcoming film 'Race 2', seems enthusiastic about the days to come.
 
Jacqueline, who has visited the city a number of times in the recent past, says she finds Ahmedabad very charming and would like to explore more of it at leisure. 
 
She says, "I haven't got a chance to explore Ahmedabad yet because we come with packed schedules. But I am eager to take a trip to the historical structures. Hopefully I'll be able to do it the next time."
 
Talking about her being part of the multistarrers, Jacqueline feels that it would be wrong to say that she has only done films where there was a multi-starcast. She says, "I started off with films that had only me as the lead. If you cross check I have done only two multi starrers till now."
 
But what about the challenges of doing such multi starrers and the competitiveness on the sets considering the fact that two heroines would vie for more screen time? She says, "All the people I have worked with are brilliant actors. I got to learn so much from them. It would have been silly of me to pass on these films because I wouldn't have rejected them for any reason."
 
And even though she's from Sri Lanka, Jacqueline seems to be doing great with her language skills. Ask her about it and she says with a laugh, "It's like going back to the school. I practice Hindi everyday and I am getting better."

Not just that, she also greeted everyone with a warm 'kem cho' when she could. So is she a good student of the language? She grins, "I am a very good student. I might be lazy at times, but my teacher makes sure that I get back to studies immediately."
 
In the wake of the recent Delhi case, how does she feel living alone in a metro city as a single woman? She says, "One has to be one's own person and take charge of life. I have stayed in different countries and have always stayed alone. So I have learnt to safeguard myself. You need to be aware of your surroundings and be on your toes all the time irrespective of the gender."
 
Rumours about her relationship with Sajid Khan has been doing the rounds. Ask her about them, "Rumours are not meant to be taken seriously, there is very little I can do about them. I always take charge of my decisions, whether they are professional or personal. Actors are easy targets and the media is quick to fling random accusations."
 
And what about marriage? She quips, "Since the media knows more about my love life than I do myself, they should know it better. But seriously, there are no such plans in the near future. There is a lot that I want to do and I'm not even thinking about it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment